Urban Decay Naked Heat Review

The Urban Decay Naked series has a special place in my heart because my very first high-end eyeshadow palette was an Urban Decay Naked (yes the first one) palette. I think that palette will always have a very special place in my heart, I'll write a different blog post about my love for it another time. Coming back to the Naked Heat palette, I did have very high hopes for it, but in this post, I'll give you the pros and cons of this palette.

Packaging
In my opinion, the Naked Heat has the best packaging compare to all previous Naked palette. The first Naked palette had velvet packaging which looked nice but got dirty really quickly, and the lettering on mine even wore off over time. Naked 2 and Naked 3 both have the tin style case, which just reminds me of those cheap and noisy tin pencil cases I used in middle school (I was born in the 80s, hopefully, someone here gets what I'm talking about). And Nake Heat palette has the hard plastic case! Dirt proof, more wear and tear proof and no noisy metal sounds - definitely an A-plus in my book!




Performance
The quality of the eyeshadows is amazing - super pigmented and blendable! In the color selection department, the Naked Heat does have more variety than the Naked 3 but not as diverse of color selection as the original Naked palette. Six of the shades (Ounce, chaser, sauced, low blow, Cayenne, and Ember) are shades you can find in most neutral palette. Four of the shades (Lumbre, He Devil, Dirty Talk and Scorched) is the warm fall orangey star shades we see in all the makeup looks from this palette. And I'm sad to say, they pretty much all look the same on my eyelids. If you wear this type of shades on a daily basis and can pan eyeshadows easily, then this is not a bad thing. The remainder two shades are En Fuego (burgundy) and Ashes (reddish brown), I used these in my crease, and again they look pretty similar.




Pricing
This palette retails for $54, it has 12 eyeshadows - $4.5 per eyeshadow
Each eyeshadow is 0.05, which is $90 per ounce. 

Popular posts from this blog

Bite Beauty Multistick Review

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows Review

Huda Beauty Smokey Obsession Palette Review