Micellar Water : Bioderma & Garnier

Micellar water is a combination of purified water and hydrating ingredients, it's very effective at removing makeup and cleanse the skin without drying the skin. Bioderma is the original micellar cleanser, it has been sold in French pharmacies and raved by makeup artists for decades before its recent popularity in the US. I love micellar water! I think it's the most gentle and effective way to remove makeup (even waterproof). In this post, I will compare Bioderma with its popular dupe made by Garnier. 


Left: Bioderma Hydrabio H2O. Right: Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

Packaging 
Both products come in clear plastic bottle packaging, the caps have minor differences but nothing notable. If you travel with micellar water, I recommend you get the travel-size product. 

Performance 
In terms of makeup removing effectiveness, both products perform pretty similarly. However, they do not have the same formula. Garnier contains two parts - similar to many liquid makeup removers, this product also need to be shaken before use. On the other hand, Bioderma can be used directly. I have combination skin and noticed the Garnier formula is greasy and usually need to wash my face after using this product, whereas Bioderma feels a lot more comfortable on my skin so I don't have to wash my face after using it. Therefore, I personally prefer the Bioderma formula. If you have more mature skin and need more hydration, you may prefer the Garnier formula.

Pricing 
Bioderma cost about $15 for 16.7 fluid ounces, which is $0.89 per fluid ounce
Garnier cost about $9 for 13.5 fluid ounces, which is $0.66 per fluid ounce


Popular posts from this blog

Bite Beauty Multistick Review

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows Review

Huda Beauty Smokey Obsession Palette Review