Huda Beauty Smokey Obsession Palette Review

I was curious about Huda Beauty but wasn't sure I want to spend tons of money for the full-size eyeshadow palette since I already own similar shades so I bought this mini palette to try out their eyeshadow formulation. 


Packaging
The packaging is made out of cardboard and has a magnetic closure. Cardboard is fine for a small palette but for the price, I would have been happier if it were plastic packing like the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes. It also comes with a mirror which I always appreciate in any makeup product. I am sad they didn't use this opportunity to come up with fun shade names so I will be using numbers.


Performance 
Overall I really love the versatility of this palette. There are 9 shades, 4 mattes and 5 metallic shimmers, you can do a lot of wearable daytime and nighttime looks with it! I prefer to apply the mattes with an eyeshadow brush and the metallic shimmers with my fingers. The metallic shimmers are amazing in this palette and the mattes are fine but don't stand out. I do recommend this palette if you like shimmery shades but if you are getting this palette for the mattes, I would recommend you to get something else. This mini palette also comes in other colors, I'm definitely interested in picking up Mauve and Electric.


1. [matte] black: an intense black shadow, you can either use it as eyeshadow or as an eyeliner for your smoky eye. You can't make a smoky eyeshadow palette without black, so here you go.  

2. [metallic] pewter: this shadow has the largest chunks of glitter compare to the other shadows in this palette. I was worried the large glitter would be dry and chunky but to my surprise, it's actually very smooth to apply and it's pigmented. 

3. [matte] deep brown: this is a perfect shade to deepen the crease for all those smoky eye looks! It's also dark enough to be used as brown eyeliner. 

4. [matte] soft brown: this shade is beautiful, it's the perfect transition color. It has a better formulation than the other mattes in this palette. I have also worn this color by itself as a one-shadow look on no-makeup makeup days. This is my most used shade! 

5. [pearly] deep brown: this shade looks great in the pan but this is my least favorite shade in the palette. I generally don't like dark shadows with pearly finishes. It's neither matte or metallic like the other shadows in the palette, I feel a little cheated.

6. [matte] medium brown: wear this in the crease and soft brown shade on the lid to create the perfect daytime look, ta-da! 

7. [metallic] medium brown: amazing formula and beautiful all over the lid shade. This is one of those shade you can use to create a one-shadow look! 

8. [metallic] copper: amazing formula and great for the summer. Use this shade as an eyeshadow topper over soft brown. 

9. [metallic] peach: amazing formula and perfect for those no-makeup makeup days. Also can work as a highlight on your browbone, cheeks or eyeshadow topper for matte eyeshadows. 

On my wrist, I'm wearing the Swatch Black Border watch. 


Pricing
This palette is $27 with 9 shadows, which is $3 per shadow.
Each shadow is 0.05 oz, so it's $60 per ounce.

Popular posts from this blog

Bite Beauty Multistick Review

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows Review