Colourpop Super Shock Shadows Review

Colourpop is a brand from Los Angelos, California. They are a cruelty-free, reasonably priced beauty brand. This sounds all amazing, but as someone who hasn't had the best experiences with Indie brands, it took me a long time before I finally put in my first Colourpop order. Even then, I only ordered Colourpop's most well-known product - Super Shock Shadows. I've been on a one-shadow look obsession lately, so I picked up the Polite AF kit (collaboration with Sephora).


Packaging
The Super Shock Shadows are creme-powder eyeshadows so naturally they are in a pot container. The container is made out of clear and white hard plastic and feels pretty sturdy. I personally do like this packaging more than the glass containers because these are much more light-weight. I love there's clear plastic on the lid so you can see the exact color of the product.   

Performance
There are two ways to use this product, you can either use an eyeshadow brush or use your fingers. I prefer using my fingers because the texture is really fun to touch (bouncy!), the application looks amazing and I don't have to worry about cleaning my eyeshadow brushes. You can use any of these shadows by itself for a one-shadow look or you can you use it with other Super Shock Shadows or any powdered eyeshadow. 

The Super Shock Shadows comes in six finishes: Matte, Satin, Pearlized, Ultra Glitter, Ultra Metallic, and Duo Chrome. The Polite AF kit has four Ultra Glitter, one Satin, and one Ultra Metallic. If you don't like glitter, I don't recommend you to get this kit. 
Deep Dive (Ultra-Metallic) - bronze with purple and gold glitter
Drift (Satin) - cranberry
Birthday Girl (Ultra-Glitter) - light gold with silver/pink glitter
Birthday Cake (Ultra-Glitter) - beige pink with silver/pink/gold glitter 
Stereo (Ultra-Glitter) - purple with gold/pink glitter
Sequin (Ultra-Glitter)- rosy penny copper

Pricing
$30 for the Polite AF kit, comes with 6 shadows, $5 per shadow. 
Unless there's a sale, the kits don't save you any money, but it does provide the convenience of picking the shades for you. If you are thinking about making your first Colourpop order, I recommend ordering a kit because I'm sure you will want a few different colors and finishes. 

Popular posts from this blog

Bite Beauty Multistick Review

Huda Beauty Smokey Obsession Palette Review